Package seal strength testing shows the peel separation force required to separate two flexible materials that are bonded together. This test is also called a T-Peel test.
- Testing the seal on a sterilization pouch (Sterile Barrier System).
- Test the seal on food packaging
- Confirm the reproducibility of the sealing process. Create a baseline to screen for changes negatively affecting the packaging seal.
- Determining if hot tack is creating a good seal.
- Adherence to design specifications
- Ease of opening for the user.
- Determine the packaging's ability to protect product with the package.
- ASTM F88/F88M Standard Test Method for Seal Strength of Flexible Barrier Materials
- ASTM D1876 Standard Test Method for Peel Resistance of Adhesives (T-Peel Test)