Originally designed to measure the tension on telephone wires, the AP Dynamometer has proven to have limitless versatility as a tension and weight measuring instrument. It is used for such diverse jobs as suspended weighing, mounting cables for bridges, adjusting tension on guy wires, field testing chain and rope as well as wire. Basically anything requiring precision force or tension measurement.
| Features and Specifications
- Accuracy: 0.5% of full scale capacity for precise data.
- Wide temperature range: -50 to 140F / -45 to 60C
- For tension, traction and weight measurement.
- No batteries required
- Generous shackle openings mate with most hooks and hardware
- Anti-parallax dial and pointer produce accurate readings from any perspective
- Long life - The core of the device is a steel flexing beam. The enclosure is a heavy aluminum alloy case with baked on protective finish. The dial face is sealed and cushioned with a rubber gasket.
- Safe for overhead applications - Most models have a 5:1 ultimate safety factor.
- Zero control - Use it like a tare. It can cancel preset load values up to 20% of device capacity.
- ABS plastic carry case with die-cut foam inserts.
- NIST Certificate of Calibration
| Capacities Available
|Model||Part Number||Capacity x Division|
|AP5-1,000LB||3006-0027||1,000 x 10|
|AP5-2,000LB||3006-0035||2,000 x 20|
|AP5-5,000LB||3006-0050||5,000 x 50|
|AP5-10,000LB||3006-0084||10,000 x 100|
|AP5-20,000LB||3006-0100||20,000 x 200|