The Communicator II is an optional hand-held remote that can define the function and manage the operation of one or more EDXtreme dynamometers using wired or radio technologies. Through the programmable SOFTKEY interface, one or more Communicators can monitor multiple dynamometers within the same airspace. In multiple-link lifting arrays, the Communicator can display readings at any or all lift points and calculate the total load.
Communicator II Specifications
- Enclosure: Designed to NEMA 3 / IP54 with optional sleeve. Suitable for protected outdoor use.
- Instrument Size: 9.5 x 5.0 x 2.5 inch (241 x 127 x 64 mm).
- Accuracy: Not applicable. Only sends and receives digital information.
- Display: 128 x 64 dot-graphic LCD display can show full readings up to 5 instruments.
- Battery Life: Up to 80 hours continuous radio using (4) AA alkaline batteries.
- Operating Temperature: -4° F to 158° F (-20° to 70° C).
- Connectors: Sealed connectors may be used for serial communications and wired connection to an EDXtreme dynamometer.
- RS-232 Communication: Print or extract data easily. Continuous output can drive a scoreboard. Configurable poll character.
- Optional audible alarm: Alarm sounds (105dB) when pre-defined load limit has been exceeded.
- Approval: CE
- FCC Certified: For unlicensed low power devices. No radio licensing or permits required for normal operation.* (In the US and Canada. Check local ordinances in other countries.).
- Frequency: ISM 2.4 GHz frequency band operates between 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz.
- Output Level: 10 mW (10 dBm).
- Display Update Rate: 1 time per second.
- Number of Links Remote Can Control: Up to 15 addresses.
- Configuration Address: Automatic and configurable.
- Antenna: Integral antenna.
- Range: Open-air range up to 600 feet, line-of-sight. Indoor range dependent upon environment with 300 feet common. Low power radio systems are dependent upon interference levels from other radio systems and environmental conditions. Radio devices are not suitable for all applications.
A basic stand-alone model can be easily upgraded “in-the-field” to accommodate changing needs. Remote configuration, data acquisition, an audible alarm and single point monitoring of multiple links are all possible with the hardwired or radio communication options available with the EDXtreme. An RS-232 interface is standard on both the EDXtreme and Communicator for connection to a host PC.
2. Single network with one EDx radio dynamometer and Communicator.
3. Single network with multiple EDx dynamometers and one Communicator. The Communicator monitors the load at each scale, plus the total weight.
4. Single network with two, three or four Communicators.
5. Multiple networks with multiple EDx dynamometers and Communicators.
Communicator II Models Available
|AWT05-506447||Standard Communicator II with radio and display backlight|
|AWT05-509199||Standard Communicator II with radio, display backlight and 105 dB audible alarm|
|AWT05-509279||Data export pack, includes all cables and interfaces to connect from the unit directly into a PC.|
|AWT25-501124||Mains Power supply, 100-240 VAC/5V to RS-232 for "Red" EDXtreme/Communicator II/Quick Check|
|36057-0071||Communicator II to EDXtreme cable (LEMO to LEMO, RS-485, 50-ft cable)|
|AWT20-508223||Protective rubber sleeve, gray (recommended for outdoor applications)|
- Carry case
Accessories and Related Products
Capacities from 2,500 to 55,000 lbs
Digital and Mechanical Dynamometers
Crane scales and dynamometers allow for below the hook weighing. When used properly, crane scales can help prevent or limit unsafe conditions by providing real-time measurement of the operational load.
Dynamometers and Crane Scales
The Dillon product line is one of the oldest and most respected in the field of industrial measurement. For years, Dillon has led the way by creating an innovative line that is tough, reliable and most importantly safe.
- Accurate measurement data, speedy turn-around times, and fair prices.
- Recalibration Recall System tracks and reminds you of service dates.
- Archived calibration records for 7 years.