Grips, Fixtures and Adapters
JLW Instruments offers a wide variety of grips and fixtures to suit your industry and testing applications.
- Self-tightening wedge grips for tensile testing.
- Easy clamping and unclamping action makes specimen loading fast.
- Self-tightening wedge design eliminates slippage.
- Available at higher capacities than most other tension grips.
- Can be used for tensile testing of wires, plastics, metals, elastomers.
- Vice grips are versatile grips used in tensile, peel and some compression testing applications.
- The side action screw allows for different thicknesses of samples and can be offset.
- Jaws can be changed to different surfaces including pyramid (crosscut), rubber, wave and v-jaw. Tensile vice grips are available up to 9 kN.
- Compression platens can be used for a variety of tests including top load testing, crush tests and cycle testing applications.
- Round or rectangular available for different sizes of samples to be tested.
- Fixed or self-aligning platens.
- Available in steel for testing harder materials or aluminum for softer materials.
Eccentric Roller Grips
- Testing flat samples, rubber, plastic film, plastic dumbbells, paper, cardboard, sheet metal and foils.
- Self-tightening as tension increases and the sample gets thinner, the sample will not slip out.
- Faces crosscut or plain roller and rubber lined grip body. Rubber faces prevent damage to the test sample.
- We have a range of different grip widths available to suit different widths of samples.
Bollard Grips (Wire & Rope Grips)
- Pull testing wire, cords, filament, yarn, narrow ribbons and rope.
- Specimen twist one or more times around the capstan before being fixed with clamping jaws.
Wire Terminal Grips
- Grips for pull testing wire terminals, wire, cables, connectors.
Coefficient of Friction (COF) Fixtures
- Kinetic (moving) and static (starting) resistance of one surface being pulled across another.
- 90 degree, 45 degree (yogurt foil peel), loop tack peel, climbing drum fixture.
- Testing bonded structures, tapes, laminated surfaces, adhesives and more.
- 3 and 4-point bend testing fixtures
- Used in testing for flexural modulus, flexural strength, and flexural yield strength.
- Pneumatic grips are ideal with samples sensitive to clamping forces and when high specimen throughput is required.
- Gripping force can be controlled by adjusting the air pressure provided to the grip.
- Increased repeatability of test results because gripping force is constant
- Quicker and simpler to operate than screw-action grips
- Puncture resistance of plastic films, fabric, geomembranes, and other materials
- Lower fixture with clamp to hold specimen while a probe is lowered penetrating the sample.
- Results typically measured with this type of tests are peak force and penetration distance.
Thread Adapters and Eye Ends
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
Mark-10 Grips and Fixtures
- Grips and fixtures for tension, compression and torque applications.
- Wedge Grips, Compression Plates, Vice Grips, Wire Grips, Peel Fixtures...
- Eye end adapters may be used with some gauges and sensors for quick-change convenience and compatibility with third party equipment.