The M5-2-COF coefficient of friction (COF) gauge is an integral part of a COF testing system, typically including a motorized test stand and COF fixture. With a capacity of 2 lbF [10 N], the gauge can be used to measure friction for a wide range of materials, ideal for conformance to ASTM D1894 and other relevant standards. Static and kinetic coefficients are displayed on the backlit LCD, and are calculated from a user-programmable sled weight.
Data can be transferred to a PC or data collectors via USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), or analog outputs. On-board memory for up to 1,000 readings is included, as are statistical calculations with output to a PC. Integrated set points with indicators and outputs are ideal for pass-fail testing and for triggering external devices such as an alarm, relay, or test stand. Configurable password protects against unauthorized changes to settings.
The M5-2-COF may also be used for a number of common tension and compression testing applications. The gauge is based on Mark-10's Series 5 advanced digital force gauges, and includes the series' full set of functions and settings.
The M5-2-COF includes MESUR™ Lite data acquisition software. MESUR™ Lite tabulates continuous or single point data. Data saved in the gauge's memory can also be downloaded in bulk. One-click export to Excel easily allows for further data manipulation.
- Calculates static and kinetic coefficients of friction
- Configurable sled weight (100 - 1000 g)
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo, and analog outputs
- 1,000-point data memory with statistics and outputs
- Programmable set points, with indicators and outputs
- Live load bar graph with set point markers
- Configurable audio alarms and key tones
- Password protection, configurable for individual keys and calibration
- Fixture + Gauge Kit is available
- Capacity x Resolution
- 5 x 0.001 COF (Depends on the sled weight. For a 200 g weight, the COF capacity is 5. COF resolution is fixed at 0.001.
- 2 x 0.0005 lbF
- 32 x 0.01 ozF
- 1 x 0.0002 kgF
- 1000 x 0.2 gF
- 10 x 0.002 N
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of full scale
- Sampling rate: 7,000 Hz
- Power: AC or rechargeable battery. Multi-step low battery indicator is displayed, gauge shuts off automatically when power is too low.
- Battery Life:
- Backlight on: up to 7 hours of continuous use
- Backlight off: up to 24 hours of continuous use
- USB / RS-232: Configurable up to 115,200 baud. Includes Gauge Control Language 2 for full computer control.
- Mitutoyo (Digimatic): Serial BCD suitable for all Mitutoyo SPC-compatible devices.
- Analog: ± 1 VDC, ± 0.25% of full scale at capacity,
- General purpose: Three open drain outputs, one input.
- Set points: Three open drain lines.
- Safe overload: 150% of full scale (display shows "OVER" at 110% and above)
- Weight: 1.0 lb [0.45 kg]
- Warranty: 3 years (see individual statement for further details)
M5-2-COF Included Items
- Carrying case
- Extension rod
- Universal voltage AC adapter
- Quick-start guide
- USB cable
- Resource CD (USB driver, MESUR™Lite software, MESUR™gauge and MESUR™gauge Plus 90-day trial, and user's guide)
- NIST-traceable certificate of calibration with data.
COF-K1 Included Items
- All of the items listed above for M5-2-COF
- G1086 coefficient of friction fixture