The M5-2-COF coefficient of friction (COF) gauge is an integral part of a COF testing system, typically including a motorized test stand and COF fixture. With a capacity of 2 lbF [10 N], the gauge can be used to measure friction for a wide range of materials, ideal for conformance to ASTM D1894 and other relevant standards. Static and kinetic coefficients are displayed on the backlit LCD, and are calculated from a user-programmable sled weight.
Data can be transferred to a PC or data collectors via USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), or analog outputs. On-board memory for up to 1,000 readings is included, as are statistical calculations with output to a PC. Integrated set points with indicators and outputs are ideal for pass-fail testing and for triggering external devices such as an alarm, relay, or test stand. Configurable password protects against unauthorized changes to settings.
The M5-2-COF may also be used for a number of common tension and compression testing applications. The gauge is based on Mark-10's Series 5 advanced digital force gauges, and includes the series' full set of functions and settings.
The M5-2-COF includes MESUR™ Lite data acquisition software. MESUR™ Lite tabulates continuous or single point data. Data saved in the gauge's memory can also be downloaded in bulk. One-click export to Excel easily allows for further data manipulation.
- Calculates static and kinetic coefficients of friction
- Configurable sled weight (100 - 1000 g)
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo, and analog outputs
- 1,000-point data memory with statistics and outputs
- Programmable set points, with indicators and outputs
- Live load bar graph with set point markers
- Configurable audio alarms and key tones
- Password protection, configurable for individual keys and calibration
- Fixture + Gauge Kit is available
- Capacity x Resolution
- 5 x 0.001 COF (Depends on the sled weight. For a 200 g weight, the COF capacity is 5. COF resolution is fixed at 0.001.
- 2 x 0.0005 lbF
- 32 x 0.01 ozF
- 1 x 0.0002 kgF
- 1000 x 0.2 gF
- 10 x 0.002 N
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of full scale
- Sampling rate: 7,000 Hz
- Power: AC or rechargeable battery. Multi-step low battery indicator is displayed, gauge shuts off automatically when power is too low.
- Battery Life:
- Backlight on: up to 7 hours of continuous use
- Backlight off: up to 24 hours of continuous use
- USB / RS-232: Configurable up to 115,200 baud. Includes Gauge Control Language 2 for full computer control.
- Mitutoyo (Digimatic): Serial BCD suitable for all Mitutoyo SPC-compatible devices.
- Analog: ± 1 VDC, ± 0.25% of full scale at capacity,
- General purpose: Three open drain outputs, one input.
- Set points: Three open drain lines.
- Safe overload: 150% of full scale (display shows "OVER" at 110% and above)
- Weight: 1.0 lb [0.45 kg]
- Warranty: 3 years (see individual statement for further details)
M5-2-COF Included Items
- Carrying case
- Extension rod
- Universal voltage AC adapter
- Quick-start guide
- USB cable
- Resource CD (USB driver, MESUR™Lite software, MESUR™gauge and MESUR™gauge Plus 90-day trial, and user's guide)
- NIST-traceable certificate of calibration with data.
COF-K1 Included Items
- All of the items listed above for M5-2-COF
- G1086 coefficient of friction fixture
- Chatillon and Mark-10 Digital Force Gauges
- Digital force gauges can be used in a virtually limitless number of tension and compression force testing applications. All force gauges are able to capture the peak force in both tension and compression and have selectable units of measurement.