On-board data memory for up to 1,000 readings is included, as are statistical calculations and output to a PC. Integrated set points with indicators are ideal for pass-fail testing and for triggering external devices such as an alarm, relay, or test stand. The gauges are overload protected to 200% of capacity, and an analog load bar is shown on the display for graphical representation of applied force.
The Series 5’s averaging mode addresses the need to record the average force over time, useful in applications such as peel testing, while external trigger mode makes switch activation testing simple and accurate. An ergonomic, reversible aluminum design allows for hand held use or test stand mounting for more sophisticated testing requirements.
Series 5 force gauges are directly compatible with Mark-10 test stands, grips, and software.
The gauges include MESUR™ Lite data acquisition software. MESUR™ Lite tabulates continuous or single point data. One-click export to Excel allows for further data manipulation.
- High-speed 7,000 Hz sampling rate
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo, and analog output
- Large backlit graphic display
- 1,000-point data memory with statistics (min, max, mean, standard deviation) and outputs
- Live load bar graph with set point markers
- Programmable set points, with alarms and outputs
- Peak readings and set points always displayed
- Averaging mode - calculates average readings over time
- External trigger mode - for switch contact testing or remotely stopping display update
- Automatic data output via USB/RS-232
- 5 selectable units of measurement
- Configurable audio alarms and key tones
- Password protection, configurable for individual keys and calibration
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of full scale
- Sampling rate: 7,000 Hz
- Power: AC or rechargeable battery. Multi-step low battery indicator is displayed, gauge shuts off automatically when power is too low.
- Battery life
- Backlight on: up to 7 hours of continuous use
- Backlight off: up to 24 hours of continuous use
- Measurement units: lbF, ozF, gF, kgF, N, kN, mN (depending on model)
- USB / RS-232: Configurable up to 115,200 baud. Automatic output available up to 250 Hz. Includes Gauge Control Language 2 for full computer control.
- Mitutoyo (Digimatic): Serial BCD suitable for all Mitutoyo SPC-compatible devices.
- Analog: ±1 VDC, ±0.25% of full scale at capacity,
- General purpose: Three open drain outputs, one input.
- Set points: Three open drain lines.
- Safe overload: 200% of full scale (display shows “OVER” at 110% and above)
- M5-012 - M5-100: 1.0 lb [0.45 kg]
- M5-200 - M5-500: 1.2 lb [0.54 kg]
- M5-750 - M5-2000: 1.8 lb [0.82 kg]
- Warranty: 3 years (see individual statement for further details)
- Series 5 force gauge
- Carrying case
- chisel, cone
- Extension rod
- Universal voltage AC adapter
- Quick-start guide
- USB cable
- Resource CD (USB driver, MESUR™Lite software, MESUR™gauge and MESUR™gauge Plus 90-day trial, and user's guide)
- NIST-traceable certificate of calibration with data
Models (Capacity x Resolution)
|M5-012||0.12 x 0.00002||2 x 0.0005||-||50 x 0.01||0.5 x 0.0001||-||500 x 0.1|
|M5-025||0.25 x 0.00005||4 x 0.001||-||100 x 0.02||1 x 0.0002||-||1000 x 0.2|
|M5-05||0.5 x 0.0001||8 x 0.002||-||250 x 0.05||2.5 x 0.0005||-||2500 x 0.5|
|M5-2||2 x 0.0005||32 x 0.01||1 x 0.0002||1000 x 0.2||10 x 0.002||-||-|
|M5-5||5 x 0.001||80 x 0.02||2.5 x 0.0005||2500 x 0.5||25 x 0.005||-||-|
|M5-10||10 x 0.002||160 x 0.05||5 x 0.001||5000 x 1||50 x 0.01||-||-|
|M5-20||20 x 0.005||320 x 0.1||10 x 0.002||10000 x 2||100 x 0.02||-||-|
|M5-50||50 x 0.01||800 x 0.2||25 x 0.005||25000 x 5||250 x 0.05||-||-|
|M5-100||100 x 0.02||1600 x 0.5||50 x 0.01||50000 x 10||500 x 0.1||-||-|
|M5-200||200 x 0.05||3200 x 1||100 x 0.02||-||1000 x 0.2||1 x 0.0002||-|
|M5-300||300 x 0.1||4800 x 2||150 x 0.05||-||1500 x 0.5||1.5 x 0.0005||-|
|M5-500||500 x 0.1||8000 x 2||250 x 0.2||-||2500 x 0.5||2.5 x 0.0005||-|
|M5-750*||750 x 0.5||12000 x 10||375 x 0.2||-||3750 x 2||3.75 x 0.002||-|
|M5-1000*||1000 x 0.5||16000 x 5||500 x 0.2||-||5000 x 2||5 x 0.002||-|
|M5-1500*||1500 x 1||24000 x 20||750 x 0.5||-||7500 x 5||7.5 x 0.005||-|
|M5-2000*||2000 x 1||32000 x 20||1000 x 0.5||-||10000 x 5||10 x 0.005||-|
* Note: At 500 lbF (2,500 N) or more, force gauges are not recommended for applications involving sudden, sharp breaks. Examples include compression of brittle materials, pull testing of welds, etc. Consider an indicator with load cell instead.
Dimensions (force gauges with 500 lbf capacity and under)
|Force Gauge||Thread Size|
|M5-012 - M5-100||#10-32M UNF|
|M5-200 - M5-500||5/16-18M UNC|
Dimensions (force gauges with 750 lbf capacity and over)
- Grips and fixtures for tension, compression and torque applications.
- Wedge Grips, Compression Plates, Vice Grips, Wire Grips, Peel Fixtures...
- Eye end adapters may be used with some gauges and sensors for quick-change convenience and compatibility with third party equipment.
- Chatillon and Mark-10 Digital Force Gauges
- Digital force gauges can be used in a virtually limitless number of tension and compression force testing applications. All force gauges are able to capture the peak force in both tension and compression and have selectable units of measurement.
- Mechanical test stands with capacities of 100 lbF to 1000 lbF.
- Manual test stands can prevent inaccuracies from testing by hand. They are inexpensive compared to a motorized test stand. If your test requires controlled speed we recommend a motorized test stand.
- Test stands with capacities from 100 lbf [500 N] up to 10,000 lbf [50 kN]
- Includes simple motorized test stands up to more advanced material test systems. We carry Mark-10, Chatillon and Lloyd Instruments.