The G1110 Puncture Fixture is designed for ASTM D5748 puncture testing of plastic films.
Four toggle clamps and a compression ring with concentric ridges effectively secure the material, while the included plunger with ball probe stretches and ruptures the sample.
Compatible with the ESM750 and ESM1500 motorized test stands.
- Capacity: 1,000 lbF [5 kN]
- Connection: 5/8" eye end
- Fixture: 19.0 lbf [8.6 kg]
- Probe: 0.4 lb [0.2 kg]
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
- Puncture resistance of plastic films, fabric, geomembranes, and other materials
- Lower fixture with clamp to hold specimen while a probe is lowered penetrating the sample.
- Results typically measured with this type of tests are peak force and penetration distance.