Wedge grips can be used in a variety of tensile testing applications. The WG243-20 comes with pyramid jaw faces and can be used up to 20 kN force.
Easy clamping and unclamping action makes specimen loading faster. Self-tightening wedge design eliminates slippage. Can be used for tensile testing of wires, plastics, metals, elastomers.
This grip is designed to mount on a standard 5/8" eye end. This connection type is commonly used on test stands and load cells. Adapters are available to accommodate other connection types.
- Force capacity: 4,500 lbF [20 kN]
- Jaw opening: 0-0.5 in [0-13 mm]
- Jaw face dimensions: 2 in x 1.4 in [50 mm x 35 mm]
- Connection: 5/8" female eye end [15.9 mm]
- Weight: 9.5 lb [4.31 kg]
- Body: Steel
- Pyramids 1.2 x 45°
- Hardened steel 58 HRC
- 1 Wedge grip
- 1 Set of pyramid jaws
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
- Self-tightening wedge grips for tensile testing.
- Easy clamping and unclamping action makes specimen loading fast.
- Self-tightening wedge design eliminates slippage.
- Available at higher capacities than most other tension grips.
- Can be used for tensile testing of wires, plastics, metals, elastomers.