Wedge grips can be used in a variety of tensile testing applications. They can be used for tensile testing of wires, plastics, metals, elastomers and more.
The initial gripping of the sample is done by the jaws tightening as the wedge grip body moves upwards as the handle is rotated. This design keeps the jaws moving horizontally only. No vertical movement of the jaws means there won't be a compression load applied to the test specimen during the initial loading of the sample.The main gripping force is generated during the test by the self-tightening wedging action.
Jaw options include pyramid and V-jaw with different opening sizes. Pyramid jaws are designed for flat samples, V-jaws for round samples.
Features and Specifications
- Force capacity: 50 kN [11,240 lbF]
- Jaw opening: 0-30 mm (depending on jaw choice)
- Jaw Width: 80 mm
- Connection: 31.8 mm (5/8") female eye end - Adapters for other sizes
- Grip body: Anodized aluminum
- Jaws: Steel, nickel-plated
|Jaw Type||Opening||Weight of 1 grip with pair of jaws|
||0-17 mm||0 - 0.67 in||17.27 kg||37.99 lbs|
||15-30 mm||0.59 - 1.18 in||16.74 kg||36.82 lbs|
||Sample Ø 5–17 mm||Sample Ø 0.20 - 0.67||17.28 kg||38.02 lbs|
|V-Jaws||Sample Ø 16–30 mm||Sample Ø 0.63 - 1.18||16.75 kg||36.85 lbs|
- (1) Wedge Grip
- (2) Jaws
- (1) Clevis Pin
Dimensions shown are for the wedge grip with pyramid jaws with an opening of 0-17 mm. It's the same grip as used with the other jaws.
- Eye End Connection Dimensions
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
- Self-tightening wedge grips for tensile testing.
- Easy clamping and unclamping action makes specimen loading fast.
- Self-tightening wedge design eliminates slippage.
- Available at higher capacities than most other tension grips.
- Can be used for tensile testing of wires, plastics, metals, elastomers.
- Vice grips are versatile grips used in tensile, peel and some compression testing applications.
- The side action screw allows for different thicknesses of samples and can be offset.
- Jaws can be changed to different surfaces including pyramid (crosscut), rubber, wave and v-jaw. Tensile vice grips are available up to 9 kN.