These vice grips are used in tension testing on force test stands and material test systems.
Pyramid (crosscut), rubber, wave, or v-jaws are included. A choice of 30 mm, 50 mm, 80 mm and 100 mm widths for the jaws.
The dual screw design accommodates samples up to 30 mm thick. Jaws can also be offset for asymmetrical test specimens. A T-handle is on one side and the other side can be adjusted using a hex key or twisting by hand.
This grip is designed to mount on a standard 5/8" eye end. Adapters are available to accommodate other sizes. This connection type is commonly used on test stands, load cells and force gauges.
Features and Specifications
- Force capacity: 1 kN [200 lbF]
- Jaw opening: 0-30 mm (depending on jaw choice)
- Connection: 15.9 mm (5/8") female eye end - Adapters for other sizes
- Grip body: Anodized aluminum
- Jaws: Steel, nickel-plated
(H x W)
|Weight of 1 grip with pair of jaws|
Hardened steel 58 HRC
|30 x 30||0.45 kg||.99 lbs|
|VG200-P50||30 x 50||0.54 kg||1.19 lbs|
|VG200-P80||30 x 80||0.68 kg||1.50 lbs|
|VG200-P100||30 x 100||0.78 kg||1.72 lbs|
1 mm rubber coating (NBR)
|30 x 30||0.46 kg||1.01 lbs|
|VG200-R50||30 x 50||0.56 kg||1.23 lbs|
|VG200-R80||30 x 80||0.7 kg||1.54 lbs|
|VG200-R100||30 x 100||0.79 kg||1.74 lbs|
For flexible materials
Wave 5 mm
Hardened steel 58HRC
|30 x 30||0.45 kg||0.99 lbs|
|VG200-W50||30 x 50||0.53 kg||1.17 lbs|
|VG200-W80||30 x 80||0.65 kg||1.43 lbs|
|VG200-W100||30 x 100||0.84 kg||1.85 lbs|
|VG200-V30||V-Jaw||For all kinds of round samples
Tooth pitch 1 mm
Hardened steel 58HRC
|Ø 3 - 30 mm||30 x 30||0.46 kg||1.01 lbs|
- (1) Vice grip
- (2) Jaws
- (1) Clevis pin
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
- Pneumatic grips are ideal with samples sensitive to clamping forces and when high specimen throughput is required.
- Gripping force can be controlled by adjusting the air pressure provided to the grip.
- Increased repeatability of test results because gripping force is constant