These vice grips are used in tension testing on force test stands and material test systems. The force capacity of these grips is 500 lbF.
Pyramid (crosscut), rubber, wave, or v-jaws are included. A choice of 30 mm, 50 mm, 80 mm and 100 mm widths for the jaws.
The dual screw design accommodates samples up to 30 mm thick. Jaws can also be offset for asymmetrical test specimens. A T-handle is on one side and the other side can be adjusted using a hex key or twisting by hand.
This grip is designed to mount on a standard 5/8" eye end. Adapters are available to accommodate other sizes. This connection type is commonly used on test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- 5/8 inch (15.9 mm) eye end
- 8 mm clevis pin
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
- Vice grips are versatile grips used in tensile, peel and some compression testing applications.
- The side action screw allows for different thicknesses of samples and can be offset.
- Jaws can be changed to different surfaces including pyramid (crosscut), rubber, wave and v-jaw. Tensile vice grips are available up to 9 kN.
- Self-tightening wedge grips for tensile testing.
- Easy clamping and unclamping action makes specimen loading fast.
- Self-tightening wedge design eliminates slippage.
- Available at higher capacities than most other tension grips.
- Can be used for tensile testing of wires, plastics, metals, elastomers.