A climbing drum test is a typical peel testing method used to determine the de-lamination characteristics of adhesives used to bond different materials together.
This test covers the determination of the peel resistance of adhesive bonds between a relatively flexible adherent and the relatively flexible facing of a sandwich structure and its core.
The fixture consists of a flanged drum, flexible loading straps connected to an adapter, and clamps for holding the test specimen.
Standard: ASTM-D1781, EN 2243-3 and DIN 53295
Drum diameter: 102 mm (4 in.)
- 25 mm (1 in.) for laminated assemblies
- 76 mm (3 in.) for sandwich constructions
- Min. 254 mm (10 in.) for laminated assemblies
- Min. 305 mm (12 in.) for sandwich constructions
The following information is needed to quote this fixture.
- An additional grip tensile grip is required for the upper pull. Will you need pricing on the top grip?
- Do you need a full system or just the fixture?
- If you already have a test stand and are looking to only add the fixture please provide information on the connection requirements of your test stand.
| Dimensions [mm]
AC1047 Series Eye End Adapters for Load Cells and Test Stand Base
AC1047 Series eye end adapter kits mount to load cells and to test stand bases. They have 5/8" [15.8 mm] diameter which is commonly used with test frames, load cells, grips, and force gauges. These eye end adapters provide a commonly accepted indu...
AC1046 Series Eye End Socket for Grips/Fixtures
AC1046 Series eye end socket adapter kits convert threaded connections on grips and fixtures to and eye end connection. mount to force gauge threaded connections. They have 5/8" [15.8 mm] diameter which is commonly used with test frames, load cell...
AC1045 Series Eye End Adapter for Force Gauges
AC1045 series eye end adapter kits mount to force gauges. They have 5/8" [15.8 mm] diameter which is commonly used with test frames, load cells, grips, and force gauges. These eye end adapters provide a commonly accepted industry method of attachi...
Thread and Eye End Adapters
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
G1109, 90°/45°/30° Peel Fixtures
This fixture is designed for peel testing of tapes, films, foil seals, and other materials, per ASTM D6862 / D3330 / D903. A large, flat working table moves horizontally as the test stand’s crosshead moves up via direct cable linkage.An optional a...