The LS materials testing machines from Lloyd Instruments are easy-to-use universal testing machines ideal for materials testing up to 5 kN (1124 lbf). The machines use high-accuracy interchangeable YLC Series load cells for tension, compression and cycling through zero-force measurements, and they have an accuracy of ±0.5% from 1% to 100% of load cell value.
The LS Series have a large working area and come in three sizes and capacities: the LS1 (up to 1 kN/225 lbf), the LS2.5 (up to 2.5 kN/562 lbf) and the LS5 (5kN/1124 lbf).
These materials testing machines feature an integral control console with a multi-function keyboard and easy-to-read backlit LCD to display load and extension information. The control console displays prompts and menus, which guide the user through machine operations.
With the interchangeable grips and the wide range of test types in the NEXYGENPlus software, the LS materials testing machines are ideal for product development, production testing, and quality control.
The NEXYGENPlus software interacts with Excel and Word, offering you the possibility of automatically transferring your test results directly into your own corporate templates.
High Mechanical Stiffness: Modern linear guide technology, pre-loaded ball screws and advanced software compensation ensures high displacement precision.
- Wide Speed Range: High precision and improved productivity 0.01-2032 mm/min (0.0004-80 in/min) - depending on model.
- Exceptional Load Accuracy: Load accuracy of +/- 0.5% down to 1% of load cell value provides a high dynamic range, thereby reducing the number of load cells required to cover the full force range
- Advanced Test Setup with NEXYGENPlus 4 Software
- Test Types: Tensile testing, compression testing, flexural testing, friction, insertion/extraction, peeling, tearing, creep/relaxation. User Configurable for multistage tests and specialized testing.
- Control Interface: PC interface is via USB allowing standard laptops to be used with no special PC interface cards required
- Export data directly into your Excel and Word templates
- An extensive built-in library of test methods covering ASTM, DIN, EN, ISO and other standards
- Multilingual and multi-unit display options as standard
- Optional Extensometers
- Long range contacting (250 to 800 mm travel)
- non-contacting video, and high resolution (10 to 80 mm travel)
- Epsilon extensometer for short range measurement
- Optional pogo design available for large sample testing of up to 78.7 x 78.7 inches.
- Optional Safety Shield
|Model||LS1||LS1E [Extended]||LS2.5||LS5||LS5HS [High Speed]|
|Load capacity||1 kN [225 lbF]||1 kN [225 lbF]||2.5 kN [562 lbF]||5 kN [1,124 lbF]||5 kN [1,124 lbF]|
|Maximum travel distance||500 mm [19.7 in]||800 mm [31.5 in]||1400 mm [55.1 in]||800 mm [31.5 in]|
|Speed range||0.01-2032 mm/min [0.0004-80 in/min]||0.01-1016 mm/min
below 2000N (450 lbf)
above 2000N (450 lbf)
|Speed accuracy (unloaded)||±0.2% of selected speed from 2% to 100% of max. speed|
|Extension resolution||<0.15 microns|
|Data Sampling Rate||8 kHz|
|Load measuring system||EN ISO 7500:2004, Class 0.5 ASTM E4|
|Supply Voltage||115VAC/230VAC, 50-60Hz|
|Weight||52 kg [115 lb]||62 kg [137 lb]||82 kg [180 lb]||67 kg [148 lb]|
Nexygen Plus 4 Software
- Large built-in library of test methods meeting international test standards
- Real time graphing of data
- Intuitive User Configurable Test facility
- Video and still capture for visual analysis
- User access settings and data traceability enabling compliance with FDA 21 CFR Part 11
- Built in SPC functionality for continuous monitoring of process parameters such as Cp and Cpk
- Microsoft Office® integration for seamless transfer of data to familiar Windows® packages, Windows® 7 and newer compatible
- Versatile data export facility to LIMS, SPC or data management systems
- Test automation and batch testing
- Accuracy: 0.5% of reading from 1% to 100% of capacity.
|Capacity x Resolution|
|01/3871||YLC-0005-A1||5 x 0.0001||1 x 0.00001||0.5 x 0.00001||500 x 0.01|
|01/3872||YLC-0010-A1||10 x 0.0001||2 x 0.0001||1 x 0.00001||1,000 x 0.01|
|01/3873||YLC-0020-A1||20 x 0.001||5 x 0.0001||2 x 0.0001||2,000 x 0.1|
|01/3874||YLC-0050-A1||50 x 0.001||10 x 0.0001||5 x 0.0001||5,000 x 0.1|
|01/3875||YLC-0100-A1||100 x 0.001||20 x 0.001||10 x 0.0001||10,000 x 0.1|
|01/3876||YLC-0250-A1||250 x 0.01||50 x 0.001||25 x 0.001||25,000 x 1|
|01/3877||YLC-0500-A1||500 x 0.01||100 x 0.001||50 x 0.001||50,000 x 1|
|01/3878||YLC-1000-A1||1,000 x 0.01||200 x 0.01||100 x 0.001||100,000 x 1|
|01/3879||YLC-2500-A1||2,500 x 0.1||500 x 0.01||250 x 0.01||250,000 x 1|
|01/3880||YLC-5000-A1||5,000 x 0.1||1,000 x 0.01||500 x 0.01||500,000 x 1|
|Model||T-Travel||H-Machine Height||D-Throat Depth|
|LS1||500 mm [19.7 in]||1000 mm [39.4 in]||180 [7.1 in]|
|LS1E [Extended]||800 mm [31.5 in]||1300 mm [51.2 in]||180 [7.1 in]|
|LS2.5||1400 mm [55.1 in]||1900 mm [74.8 in]||150 [5.9 in]|
|LS5||800 mm [31.5 in]||1300 mm [51.2 in]||150 [5.9 in]|
|LS5HS||800 mm [31.5 in]||1300 mm [51.2 in]||150 [5.9 in]|
- Test stands with capacities from 100 lbf [500 N] up to 10,000 lbf [50 kN]
- Includes simple motorized test stands up to more advanced material test systems. We carry Mark-10, Chatillon and Lloyd Instruments.