Square and rectangular compression plates with load capacities up to 20 kN. These platens are etched with concentric rings for accurate specimen placement.
They are available in aluminum or steel. Aluminum for testing soft samples such as cardboard, plastics, rubber, foams, lightweight springs, bottles and cartons. Steel for testing rubber, plastics, heavy duty springs, building products, composites and ceramics.
Adapters are available to mount platens to almost any test stand.
Round and self-aligning compression plates are also available.
Aluminum Square and Rectangular Compression Plates
- Aluminum platens for testing soft samples such as cardboard, plastics, rubber, foams, lightweight springs, bottles and cartons.
- Aluminum platens weigh less than steel platens.
- Anodized aluminum temperatures -70°C … +180°C
[A x B]
Eye End Coupling
|CP50x50-AL||50 x 50||2 x 2||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||0.10||0.22|
|CP100x100-AL||100 x 100||3.9 x 3.9||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||0.51||1.12|
|CP120x120-AL||120 x 120||4.7 x 4.7||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||0.75||1.65|
|CP120x180-AL||120 x 180||4.7 x 7.1||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||1.13||2.49|
|CP125x250-AL||125 x 250||4.9 x 9.8||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||1.62||3.56|
|CP150x150-AL||150 x 150||5.9 x 5.9||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||1.17||2.57|
|CP150x300-AL||150 x 300||5.9 x 11.8||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||2.28||5.02|
|CP200x200-AL||200 x 200||7.9 x 7.9||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||2.10||4.62|
|CP200x300-AL||200 x 300||7.9 x 11.8||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||3.39||7.46|
|CP300x300-AL||300 x 300||11.8 x 11.8||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||4.35||9.57|
|CP400x400-AL||400 x 400||15.7 x 15.7||20||4,500||Aluminum||15.9||5/8||8.70||19.14|
*Anodized aluminumSteel Square and Rectangular Compression Plates
- Steel platens for testing rubber, plastics, heavy duty springs, building products, composites and ceramics.
- Hardened steel 58 HRC, nickel-plated, -70°C … +350°C
[A x B]
Eye End Coupling
|CP100x100-ST||100 x 100||3.9 x 3.9||20||4,500||Steel||15.9||5/8||1.54||3.39|
|CP196x196-ST||196 x 196||7.7 x 7.7||20||4,500||Steel||15.9||5/8||6.60||14.52|
|CP296x296-ST||296 x 296||11.7 x 11.7||20||4,500||Steel||15.9||5/8||13.60||29.92|
|CP396x396-ST||396 x 396||15.6 x 15.6||20||4,500||Steel||15.9||5/8||33.00||72.60|
*Hardened steel 58 HRC, nickel-platedApplications
- Static compression testing
- Top load testing
- Load holding compression tests
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
- Compression platens can be used for a variety of tests including top load testing, crush tests and cycle testing applications.
- Round or rectangular available for different sizes of samples to be tested.
- Fixed or self-aligning platens.
- Available in steel for testing harder materials or aluminum for softer materials.
- Self-tightening wedge grips for tensile testing.
- Easy clamping and unclamping action makes specimen loading fast.
- Self-tightening wedge design eliminates slippage.
- Available at higher capacities than most other tension grips.
- Can be used for tensile testing of wires, plastics, metals, elastomers.