These vice grips are used in tension testing on force test stands and material test systems.
Jaws can be offset for asymmetrical test specimens. A T-handle is on one side and the other side can be adjusted using a hex key or twisting by hand.
This grip is designed to mount on a standard 5/8" eye end. Adapters are available to accommodate other sizes. This connection type is commonly used on test stands, load cells and force gauges.
Features and Specifications
- Force capacity: 5 kN [1,000 lbF]
- Jaw opening: 0-28 mm (depending on jaw choice)
- Connection: 15.9 mm (5/8") female eye end - Adapters for other sizes
- Grip body: Anodized aluminum
- Jaws: Steel, nickel-plated
- (1) Vice grip
- (2) Jaws
- (1) Clevis pin
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
- Pneumatic grips are ideal with samples sensitive to clamping forces and when high specimen throughput is required.
- Gripping force can be controlled by adjusting the air pressure provided to the grip.
- Increased repeatability of test results because gripping force is constant