This fully enclosed, air-powered grip is ideal for seal strength testing of packaging, elongation testing of various materials, and other tensile testing requirements, per ASTM F88 / D1876. Serrated interlocking jaws effectively grip samples for up to 100 lbF (500 N) of force.
The grip features an industry-unique integrated open/close valve for quick sample engagement and disengagement, an added benefit for repetitive applications. An air connection kit, consisting of air tubing and fittings, is available as an option. Use a pair of these pneumatic grips with a force gauge and a test stand to create a complete testing system.
Features and Specifications
- Integrated open/close valve
- Fully enclosed design for safety
- Capacity: 100 lbF @ 100 PSI [500 N @ 0.86 MPa]
- Weight: 0.58 lb [0.26 kg]
- Maximum Pressure: 125 PSI [0.86 MPa]
- Air input thread: #10-32 UNF
- (1) Pneumatic Grip
- (1) #10-32 M/M stud with jam nuts
- (1) Spare membrane and alcohol wipe
Note: The flexible internal membrane actuating the movable jaw has a variable life expectancy dependent upon the maximum air pressure used and the quality of the compressed air. It should be free from impurities, solvents and oils. Since field conditions are outside of Mark-10’s control, the standard 3-year warranty does not apply to the flexible membrane. For convenience, a spare membrane and alcohol wipe is included with every new grip. A membrane repair kit may be purchased from Mark-10.
Note: The AC1019 Air connection kit is sold separate. AC1019 consists of all components necessary to connect two of the G1046 pneumatic grips.
- Pneumatic grips are ideal with samples sensitive to clamping forces and when high specimen throughput is required.
- Gripping force can be controlled by adjusting the air pressure provided to the grip.
- Increased repeatability of test results because gripping force is constant
- Grips and fixtures for tension, compression and torque applications.
- Wedge Grips, Compression Plates, Vice Grips, Wire Grips, Peel Fixtures...
- Eye end adapters may be used with some gauges and sensors for quick-change convenience and compatibility with third party equipment.