This fixture is designed for peel testing of tapes, films, foil seals, and other materials, per ASTM D6862 / D3330 / D903. A large, flat working table moves horizontally as the test stand’s crosshead moves up via direct cable linkage.
An optional adjustable-angle mount tilts the fixture up to ±30°. Another optional adapter uses an adjustable pulley to set the angle of pull, from 0° to 90°, while the working table remains horizontal. The horizontal orientation is suited for seal testing of filled containers, and can also be used for tapes and other materials.
An integrated limit switch automatically stops the motion of an ESM303 motorized test stand when the working table has reached its end of travel.
Features and Specifications
- Maximum force: 100 lbF (500 N)
- Maintains 90° angle between the table and the direction of pull
- Optional adjustable angle mount tilts the fixture up to ±30°.
- Optional adjustable angle adapter with pulley, 0° to 90°, while preserving horizontal table orientation (max. force: 30 lbF [150 N])
- Large working area with threaded mounting holes
- Maximum table travel: 8.2 in (210 mm)
- Weight (G1109 only): 6.0 lb (2.7 kg)
- Compatible with the ESM303 motorized test stand. Includes mounting hardware.
- Compatible only with force gauges, not remote load cells
- Conforms to ASTM D6862, D3330, and D903
G1109 Included Items
- G1109 fixture
- Limit switch cable
- Crosshead bracket
- G1078 miniature bollard grip
- Test stand mounting adapter for ESM303
AC1078 included Items
- G1078 Miniature Bollard grip
- #10-32m Attachment for peel grip
AC1079 included Items
AC1080 included Items
G1109 Dimensions in[mm]
G1109 + AC1078 Dimensions in[mm]
G1109 + AC1079 Dimensions in[mm]
- Adapters to mount grips and fixtures to test stands, load cells and force gauges.
- Models are available to mount to any brand of equipment.
- If you don't see what you need please contact us and we can offer the appropriate part.
- Grips and fixtures for tension, compression and torque applications.
- Wedge Grips, Compression Plates, Vice Grips, Wire Grips, Peel Fixtures...
- Eye end adapters may be used with some gauges and sensors for quick-change convenience and compatibility with third party equipment.