The TSTM-DC Advanced Motorized Torque Test Stand offers all the mechanical specifications of the TSTM motorized test stand, including standard 100 lbFin (11.5 Nm) torque capacity, versatile modular design, quick engagement and disengagement of samples, fixture mounting plate, stepper motor design that prevents speed variation with load, and more. A 200 lbFin (22 Nm) capacity upgrade is available as an option. The TSTM-DC offers expanded capabilities, including full PC control, programmable angle limits, programmable cycling, auto return, password protection, and other features.
- Maximum load
- Standard: 100 lbFin [11.5 Nm]
- Optional: 200 lbFin [22.0 Nm]
- Maximum torque decreases proportionately with speed. Examples:
- Maximum torque at 60 RPM = 25 lbFin [2.8 Nm]
- Maximum torque at 30 RPM = 50 lbFin [5.6 Nm]
- Speed range
- Standard: 0.01 - 15 RPM [0.05 - 90°/s]
- Optional: 0.04 - 60 RPM [0.2 - 360°/s] *
- Speed accuracy
- ±0.2% of setting, ±0% variation with load
- Digital display of angle
- Programmable angle limits
- Rotational travel accuracy: ±0.7° / 0.02 rev.
- Rotational travel repeatability: 0.1° / 0.01 rev.
- Rotational travel resolution: 0.1° / 0.01 rev.
- Throat: 4.10" [104 mm]
- Manual adjustment: 12° / adjustment knob rev
- Angle dial with 2° resolution
- Maximum slider travel: 15.5" [394 mm]
- Slider travel rate: 1.047" [26.6 mm] / lever rev
- Universal power supply: 80-250 VAC
- CE mark
- Computer Control
- An RS-232 port is provided to interface with a PC. A command set is provided to allow for full control from a PC.
- The following are required with PC control:
- Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator (more info)
- 09-1162 multi-function cable (see below)
- 09-1056 serial cable (see below)
- Digital Angle Indication
- Rotational travel is indicated in degrees or revolutions, with RS-232 output of angle data.
- Programmable Angle Limits
- The TSTM-DC can stop at or cycle between programmable upper and lower angle limits. Programmable in degrees or revolutions.
- Overload Protection
- Protects the torque sensor against overload (requires a Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator and 09-1162 multi-function cable). The user programs the desired percentage of full scale of the sensor.
- The torque table rotates to an angle limit or torque set point (requires a Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator and 09-1162 cable), stops, and reverses direction at full speed to the other angle limit or torque set point.
- Cycling / Dwell Time
- Same as auto-return, but with the ability to program up to 100,000 cycles. Programmable dwell time for upper and lower limits (set independently) can be set up for up to 10,000 seconds. Independent CW and CCW speeds may be programmed.
- Programmable Button Functions
- Programmable CW and CCW button functions - momentary motion, maintained motion, or auto.
- Independent CW and CCW Speeds
- Configurable speeds for CW and CCW directions
- Selectable speed units of measurement (RPM and °/s)
- Password protection
- Prevents unauthorized changes to controller settings.
- Accuracy: ±0.2% of full scale
- Sampling rate: 3,000 Hz
- Power: AC or rechargeable battery. Multi-step low battery indicator is displayed, gauge shuts off automatically when power is too low.
- Battery life
- Backlight on: up to 7 hours of continuous use
- Backlight off: up to 24 hours of continuous use
- Measurement units: lbF, ozF, gF, kgF, N, kN, mN (depending on model)
- USB / RS-232: Configurable up to 115,200 baud.
- Mitutoyo (Digimatic): Serial BCD suitable for all Mitutoyo SPC-compatible devices.
- Analog: ±1 VDC, ±0.25% of full scale at capacity,
- General purpose: Three open drain outputs, one input.
- Set points: Three open drain lines.
- Safe overload: 200% of full scale (display shows “OVER” at 110% and above)
- M4-012 - M4-100: 1.0 lb [0.45 kg]
- M4-200 - M4-500: 1.2 lb [0.54 kg]
Warranty: 3 years (see individual statement for further details)
- DC controller
- Controller connection cable
- Indicator mounting kit
- Encoder cable
- Column cap with hardware
- Allen wrench set
- Thumb screw for mounting indicator
- Power cord
- Resource CD
- Base with hardware (TSTM-DC)
- Mounting leg with hardware (TSTMH-DC)
- Additional column cap with hardware (TSTMH-DC)
15-1004, Mesurgauge Software
MESUR™gauge and MESUR™gauge Plus expand the functionality of force and torque measuring instruments and test stands. Both programs share the ability to capture and display data in graphical format for load vs. time or load vs. travel vs. time. MES...
Series R50 Torque Sensor (MR50)
The Mark-10 MR50 Torque Sensor measure bi-directional torque for a wide variety of applications. Contains a chuck for samples up to 1/2" (12.7 mm) in diameter, depending on capacity. The sensor can be used as a hand held device, or mounted to a t...
Model 7i Force/Torque Indicator (M7i)
The 7i professional digital force / torque indicator is designed to work with a wide range of Mark-10 remote force and torque sensors. With exclusive Plug & Test™ technology, all calibration and configuration data is saved within the sensor’s...
Model 5i Force/Torque Indicator (M5i)
The 5i advanced digital force / torque indicator is designed to work with a wide range of Mark-10 remote force and torque sensors (see below). With exclusive Plug & Test™ technology, all calibration and configuration data is saved within the s...
Mark-10 Digital Indicators
- M7i, M5i, M3i
- Compatible with Mark-10 interchangeable load cells and torque sensors
- Mark-10 sensors use a special plug which allows changing out sensors with the settings stored within the plug.
- Measure real time and peak loads